According to Statistics Canada, the average wage for Canadian employees is currently $952 per week or just under $50,000 a year. Most of the jobs on our high-paying list earn at least three times that much.
Training for a job in Canada that will bring in the big bucks is not a bad idea but all your efforts will be futile if you can’t find work in your field. If you’re planning a new career this year, it’s well worth knowing which high paying jobs are in demand. Here are some of the highest paying in-demand occupations in Canada for 2018.
The highest paying jobs in Canada:
• Specialist physicians $117,00-$375,000
• Dentist – $53,805 $213,671
• Family physicians $58,015 – $310,054
• Lawyers $48,630 $146,431
• Federal judges $308,600- $396,700
• Senior managers of Productions, Transportations, and Construction $75,159 – $141,569
• Senior managers in Finance and Communications $77,805 – $129,629
• Actuaries $45,820 – $129,740
• Engineering managers $68,100-$172,000
• Airline pilots $35,233 – $146,274
There are many reasons to consider moving to Canada: low crime rates, a highly stable banking system and one of the world’s best education systems. It also happens to be the birthplace of Céline Dion who, as we all know, is God – but I digress.
If you do decide to start over in the Great White North, whether it’s a decision influenced by the ‘My Heart Will Go On’ singer or not, one of the first things you’ll need to arrange is a job – preferably, a well-paid job. Luckily for you, we’ve put together the 10 highest paying jobs in Canada to give you a few ideas of the various options available to you.